Sunday, September 4, 2011

30 day Paleo : week 1

 Day 1: August 29, 2011


Part of my challenge for life is to feel physical better. As of late, I haven't felt like myself at all. Lethargic, sad, hormones out of whack, and numerous other silly things.  I even went to a Endocrinologist and had tons of blood work done (all normal).  So, I am starting with the obvious: DIET and EXERCISE

With the help of my wonderful husband, I am going on a 30 day Paleo diet. This diet has been known to cure diabetes, cancer, and several other diseases. Hopefully, I can eliminate certain foods that make me feel craptastic.  My money is on gluten products. 

Here is the website if you want to learn more about it.  http://robbwolf.com/  

The best way to keep track of what you eat is to go to http://www.livestrong.com/ (I think Lance Armstrong is a big douche, but that is besides the point. It is a great website to help with weight loss and healthy living).  There are also paleo friendly recipes.  Speaking of recipes http://everydaypaleo.com/     is a great site for yummy recipes.  (My husband makes most of the recipes since he is the domestic god in the kitchen).

I also will share with you my weight and measurements.  Drum roll please.......
Weight: 156  Height: 5 feet 9 inches  Bust: 35 1/2  Chest: 31 1/2  Waist: 35 1/2 Hips: 38 1/2  (I wish I had a way to measure my body fat %)


I want to make a point, that I don't think I am fat and I am doing this to FEEL better.  Yes, a bonus is to tone up (lose some of that cellulite) and have a better self image.  I am doing this to have energy and to keep up with my young son.  


Day 7: September 4, 2011

End of week one. Over all I felt confident about my eating and exercise.  I had a couple of weak moments where I started to dream about a candy bar or a dough nut.  But, I over came those cravings and kept thinking about the end result.  


Everyday I kept a log of what I ate on www.livestrong.com . It helped me become aware of how much protein, fat, and carbs I was taking in.  The food log kept track of my calories and factored in my daily calories burned during exercise.  I was able to keep under my goal of 2,000 calories a day.  (I actual kept my calorie intake below 1,500). 


End of week resultsWeight: 151  Bust: 34 1/2  Chest: 30 1/2  Hips: 38

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Nice job! I really want to try that diet, but i bet it is hard as hell! plus, fayetteville SUCKS for buying decent food. i'm hoping when we get to minneapolis it will get a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete