Thursday, August 18, 2011

Domestically Disabled

Today was like a comedy sitcom in my kitchen.  It could have easily been on a Friends episode.  Listen people, I can bake.  That was until we went GLUTEN FREE.  Cooking with gluten free flour can be a real hurdle.  I have mastered some recipes, like my blueberry paleo muffins and pancakes.  Now I have to master the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookie.   Oh man!




I got this fab recipe off the back of GUITTARD semi sweet chocolate chip bag.  I envisioned these beautiful fat gewy cookies. I couldn't wait to get started.   Well....here is my first try.  Please feel free to laugh at me.  My husband always says  "You could burn a salad".

When the timer went off, I happily skipped over to the oven.  When I opened the oven door I saw a monster of a cookie. Well, the cookies weren't burnt.  They just formed one giant cookie.  The size of a pizza pan.   Instead of crying, I just laughed and took it all in good fun.

I am pretty sure combination of the Paula Dean size butter portion and the consistency of gluten free flour caused all the little dough drops to melt together and form the mammoth cookie you see before you.

So, I decided to freeze the cookies for about 20 minutes.  This is what I got....





Maybe it wasn't my Betty Crocker cookie commercial fantasy, but I got one happy little boy out of this baking experience.....

3 comments:

  1. mine always end up like that! but they're still delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all goes down the same way...whether it looks pretty or not, right? You should post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete