Friday, August 12, 2011

A Challange for Life.

As my 33rd birthday draws closer, I feel my chest tighten up and the anxiety of getting older begins to fester.  I often stare in the mirror and look for for flaws.  Like how many wrinkles I have or the grey hair starting to creep in.  Or how going for a run just isn't enough these days to lift the ol' Wilcox butt up.  I keep thinking about how tired I feel. The amount of energy I need to have in order to keep up with my toddler.  I reminisce of my Rock-n-Roll days in my 20's (Damn I had fun!).  I wish I had the energy I had then. I wish I had the life inside me I had then.  What happened? Why am I wasting time wishing for those things or dwelling on negative thoughts.  It does me no good.

Then I had an epiphany, if you will.  I took a hard look at myself....a real hard look at who I am now.  I took a deep breath faced the not so good qualities and bad habbits I have developed over the years.  I came to find out.  I really don't like myself. I don't like who I have become.  Kinda this lazy, half assed, procrastinating, passive, dreamer.  I sit back and let things just.....happen....or NOT happen.  Now with that said, I do admire the person I am at work. If anything, my parents taught me EXCELLENT work ethic. Now I just need to bring that drive home to my personal life.   I don't think I am a bad person.  I think I have turned kind of into ADVERAGE.  I don't like being adverage.  I can be better...I can be great.  I am going to OWN it and accept full responsiblity for all of it. 

I have decided to give myself a challange.  A CHALLENGE for LIFE!  I commitment to myself and to my family to be the best I can be every day (super duper cheez..right!).  But I think it is most important that I am doing this for me, cause I want to.   Otherwise, I wouldn't be fully commited. 

So, with that said, I am using this blog to hold myself accountable for none other than myself.  I hope you follow me through my journey.  Cheer me on.  I know this wont be easy. I know I will still have my dark moments. But I think that this will be the best kind of thearpy for me.  I will blog about my daily "challanges"... like organizing my pantry to becoming better mom to plucking my eyebrows to finishing my crafting that I started to blog about a few months ago. 

My journey starts now. 





1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I am feeling the same way right now. I have tried to get better, and the blog has really helped. Its like a journal, but with people actually reading it motivates you to keep writing. I'm hoping when this baby comes out I'll have more energy! Especially with a change of scenery!
    Hopefully we can both get over this crap! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete