Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stitchin'

Now that I am making "me time", I am trying to be more crafty.  I have started painting again...great...but oil painting takes 4 ever! So, while I wait for the paint to dry, I thought I would start stitching.  I liked the idea of it, but have always hated most of the old fashion patterns that you see in your grannies house.  My Aunt Lila, cross stitches beautiful patterns...almost like paintings.  I love those, but I am not experienced enough for those types of cross stitch.  I want to start small.  Stitch some pillows, cardigans, t-shirts, etc.  I found a website that has super cool patterns...tattoo, pin ups, retro patterns.... I am going to start there.  Here is the link  http://www.sublimestitching.com/

Here are some images from the Sublime Stitching website.  These are examples of what I would like to stitching.  

2 comments:

  1. ah!!! these are awesome! i have started doing the same thing with some of maggie's clothes. kids are so good to have when you want to be crafty. haha its alot easier to find projects for them rather than myself. but the pillows are an awesome idea! i've been trying to find one for forever!

    ReplyDelete