Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thirtysomething...

A friend of mine inspired me to start a blog.  Like many mom's, we tend to loose track of ourselves somewhere along the way.  Even in relationships.  I was in such a rut for so very long and let negativity consume me.  I have become proactive in my life and want to be a better version of the young 2osomething I use to be (and like).   I quit my job, got rid of the negative people surrounding me, and shed that skin right off.  I feel lighter, happier, and surrounding myself with women friends who actually are strong caring friends.  It is like a total clense.  My relationships with my husband, child, and friends have only improved.

This blog seems like the right outlet.  We can inspire one another and I can remind myself of who I am when I start to feel bummed out.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome you had the balls to quit your job! Its great spending all day with your kid, well, most of the time! Good for you on not being negative anymore! I had to do the same thing. Wasn't very good for Maggie at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for starting a blog! I started mine after Eila was born just to have something for myself, although at the time, I don't think I realized that that was why I was doing it! And, I love the above picture of your little guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!! That is the best thing you can do..These past couple of years I also did a cleanse on my life, friends, etc...You need to surround yourself with positive things to be the best possible parent and partner and to yourself...We live on a very tight budget, but make all of our decisions on having a parent at home with the kids because we felt it was very important. I can't wait to hear and see what you are doing. I know that you are an incredible mom just like you are as a person and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one of my role models!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got teary-eyed reading that! i love it! alison is right, you are so one of my role models too. love you!

    ReplyDelete